Followers

Friday, January 2, 2009

It's brand new year!

I don't do resolutions anymore...try to set some goals, but never make promises to anyone or myself. Seems everytime I try to begin a new project or plan anything too far in advance someone in my family gets sick or something happens to delay or change plans made. Sooooo....I've decided to follow the scripture Matt. 6:34 " Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. "
Oh, I know we have to plan for things to a certain extent, but worrying about it changes nothing! Some things we have a little control over , but truthfully, none of us knows what the next hour, not even the next moment, holds. So, I'll plan on planning things according to His will and not my own....
Christmas was good. Everyone was well, and we were able to get together, enjoy one another's company and eat! What we all love to do best. Now it's time for me to really start pushing back from the table. I have a goal...ahem...hopefully, of losing 52 pounds this *year* ....this year!...ha! I decided surely...surely, I can lose 1 pound a week! Surely that can't be too hard!
What do you think? One lousy pound a week? I'm gonna give it a try, at least!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, they say! *sigh*

1 comment:

Pine Cone Homestead said...

You have a lovely blog and a lofty goal. I would do well to lose 52 pounds myself. I hope we're both successful.